Mostly these will be keyboard shortcuts, but occasionally there may be something slightly more useful.
eMacs keyboard shortcuts:
These work for all text fields
- ⌃F (control-F): Move forward, one character to the right (same as right arrow key)
- ⌃B: Move backward, one character to the left (same as left arrow key)
- ⌃P: Move to the previous line (same as up arrow key)
- ⌃N: Move to the next line (same as down arrow key)
- ⌃A: Move to the beginning of the line (same as ⌘left-arrow)
- ⌃E: Move to the end of the line (same as ⌘right-arrow)
- ⌃T: Transpose (swap) the characters around the cursor
- ⌃D: Delete the character to the right of the cursor
- ⌃K: Kill (delete) the rest of the line to the right
- ⌃L: Center the insertion point in the window (scrolls window so the insertion point is in the center)
Of course, these only work on Macs. But then again, that’s what this whole blog is about.